4.5/5
They keep getting better!
..........................................
"History is on repeat, and things 
didn't go so well the last time. "


Alexandria isn't sure she's
 

going to make it to her 
eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening.
 A long-forgotten, fanatical 
order is out to kill her, and if the 
Council ever discovers what she did 
in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, 

whenever Alex and Seth 
spend time "training"--which really
 is just Seth's code word for some 
up-close and personal one-on-one 
time--she ends up with another mark 
of the Apollyon, which brings her 
one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule.
 Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...
....................................  
The book in this series keeps getting better! I feel like the author has really starting to develop the series and make it her own. The story is really starting to become original and refreshing. 
    I absolutely love Alex. She has so much hope for people and never wants to give up on them. I love how real her character feels and how she is scared and how passionate she is for her loved ones that she will do whatever it takes to save them. 
 We get to see more of Aiden, and his lovely self. We get a better insight to him personally and see a little more  of how he feels. oh, and your heart will melt a little bit more for him!
I really feel like not only do the characters grow, but so does the author. With each book, the writing improves. The story gets more in depth.  If she could have started the first book with the way she wrote Deity I would have loved it also.  I am so glad I didn't get up after reading it. 
 The story is really story is really starting to become very interesting. I love the Greek God mixture. 
I can not WAIT to read Apollyon to find out what happens next! 
  












4 comments:

Madiha S said...

Hey Ashley!

Haven't read the convenent series yet. Hope to start soon.

New GFC follower here, and I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. It's for blogs less than 200 followers. You can read the info on my blog here. :D

Madiha S @ The Smell of Parchment

S PI said...

Hi, I'm your new GFC follower and hope you'll follow back :)
http://novelstheywroteormoviestheymade.blogspot.com
I've not read this series yet but this is on my to-read list.

Richa Parande said...

OMG I LOVED DEITY SO MUCHH :D
Best in the series so far, and I absolutely cannot wait for Apollyon! I also loved seeing the gods in this book, and apparently there's going to be more of them in Apollyon!

Richa @ City of Books

Ashley Knapp said...

I am glad. Bringing the Gods in was an awesome addition to the story and it's originality! I can't wait to read Apollyon! Very exciting!

Post a Comment