3.5/5
Entertaining.

..........................................

  The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

................................................

Before I read this, I read reviews about it. Alot said it was "Vampire Academy" (VA) just changed abit. 
Vampire Academy is one of my favorite series and yes I can easily draw parallels. 

With that being said, I did not find this first in the Covenant series bad, but the entire time I was reading it, it almost felt like I was just reading a new chapter in the VA. 

The parallels:
The factions are pure-bloods and half-bloods.

The half-bloods have to protect the pures or serve them. And they diffently cannot date. 

The main character, Alex, has the same personality. Same goals. Same way of talking as Rose is VA.

Oh and her love interest is training her to catch her up just like, you guessed it rose.

She came back to school after being in the real world and its being contemplated if she should be let back in.

There is a fraction gone bad. And can be changed from one drinking from a pure. 

The parallels go on and on. But I still liked the book regardless. It was an entertaining and easy read. IIf you didn't like VA, I would say you will not like this one.  I will go ahead and read the rest of the series. I can't say this book left an impression on me and I was compelled to immediately pick up the next book.