Maerad is a slave in a desperate and unforgiving settlement, taken there as a child after her family is destroyed in war. She is unaware that she possesses a powerful gift, one that marks her as a member of the School of Pellinor. It is only when she is discovered by Cadvan, one of the great Bards of Lirigon, that her true heritage and extraordinary destiny unfold. Now she and her new teacher must survive a journey through a time and place where the forces they battle stem from the deepest recesses of otherworldly terror.



This series is actually one of the first YA series I had ever read. It truly does not have the popularity it deserves. It is is a wonderfully written series. The world building is incredible and is so vast. We are taken to so many different types of places and scenarios. Each one uniquely it's own. 

The characters are rich and full. Each one adding to a little to the story to bring it to life. I was entranced throughout. I never like these type of sagas, but this changed my mind. It has made me read several others somewhat like this, but none of the others compare to the Pellinor books. 

I will say that the 3rd in the series is about Maerad's lost brother and I wanted to stay with Maerad, and so I didn't like it. I can't honestly say if I gave it much of a chance because I was so let down to leave Maerad for a book. Her brother is key in the books also, so I understand now after reading the entirety of the series, why it was done this way. 

If you like fantasy/ science fiction, a series filled with action and a great story line, unforgettable characters, and so much more then you should definitely check this series out!



0 comments:

Post a Comment