Synopsis


Sixteen-year-old Rayna sees angels, and has the medication and weekly therapy sessions to prove it. Now, in remission, Rayna starts fresh at a new school, lands a new job, and desperately tries for normalcy. She ignores signs that she may be slipping into the world she has tried so hard to climb out of. But these days, it’s more than just hallucinations that keep Rayna up at night. Students are dying, and she may be the only one who can stop it. Can she keep her job, her sanity, and her friends from dying at the hands of angels she can't admit to seeing?



.......................................... 


My Rating and Review

3.5-4/5

I really enjoyed this book a lot. I found it to be very charming and entertaining to read. Is this the most original book I have ever read? No, but like I said, I just found this to be a great read. 

Let's start with the main character, Rayna. I loved her. I found her to be believable for a girl in her situation. She freaks out over seeing angels. I would too if I was told I was crazy and they weren't real. I like that part of her. I liked that she wasn't the strongest character and she didn't have all the right answers. It fit her background. She has had a shaky life since the death of her mom so no normal person would not have their insecurities. At the same time, she is also a strong character in her own right. I enjoyed seeing her growth and the road she led to accepting herself and who she is. 

Next there's Cam. Cam is the good looking new guy. Only problem is hes has wings that she is not supposed to see anymore. I liked Cam. He was your typically golden boy YA heart-throb, but that didn't bother me. 

I didn't like Cam very much, but that is because I liked the dark, bad boy, Kade. Kade shows up and Rayna does not know what to make of him. He scares her to death. There are many levels to Kade and I think we will see many more in the next book of this new series (Jan. 2014.) I don't want to say to much, because I do not like to put any spoilers in my reviews. ;) I will say, I am Team Kade all the way!

 The plot is well thought out. It moves smoothly and is easy to follow. The villain is scarey and adds to the unfolding story. The characters are flawed, and to me that makes the book even better. 

Will I be reading the next book? umm YAH! I, honestly, want it right now. I didn't get enough of Kade and I want more! This book is definitely worth picking up! Check it out!

1 comments:

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

I have some of the same feelings for this one. I really like Kade but am a little squicked out that he liked her mom. lol I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm excited for the sequel too! :)

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

Post a Comment