4/5
I look forward to the next in the series!

................................

 


Is control over the elements a gift, or a curse?

Roxy thinks that she is in control of everything: with flames flaring at her fingertips and an equally fiery attitude, what more could she need? But then she meets Brae, a prince from a rival Realm, who turns her assumptions of superiority upside down.

Jasmine has none of Roxy’s confidence or intensity. But she does have a secret - and Brae - and she’s not going to give either up willingly.


  
..........................................

 First I want to say thank you to Heather James for asking me to read this book for a review!

This book was not what I was expecting. The world the book is written is original. I, at first, thought the book started out slow, but I realize now that the author, Heather James, was building the world around us. If it was not done this way the reader would not be able to grasp the actions of the characters and why they think the way they do. 

I usually do not like books written in two point of views. I prefer to stick with one person and know them only, but with how this book is written it works well. 

Out of the two main characters, I think Roxy has the most growth. She overcomes what she has been thought to think and believe. She goes against the grain of her society and home and no longer see their intentions as okay. 

Jasmine is also very likeable. She has a lot of inner struggles throughout the book, but she is a strong young woman and does not let her own problems keep her from helping the ones she loves.

This is first book is a promising start to a fun series. I can't wait to find out what comes next!











0 comments:

Post a Comment