Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Monday, March 18, 2013

 Synopsis

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


.....................................

My Rating and Review

 4.5/5

I have had this on my kindle for a good while, but I just now got around to it. I can't believe I waited this long to read it! I expected it to be good from all of the reviews I have read, but wow it blew me out of the water. I do like my occasional romance novel, but I have not read a contemporary YA novel before. (Yes, I know. Sad right?) With Pushing the Limits, I will definitely I be more open to the genre and read more of them.

I digress. The plot in this novel is a wonderful. Two people looking to heal from their past and find each other. I laughed, I cried, and my heart melted at different times while reading this.

Echo and Noah are the main characters. The book alternates between their different point of views. I usually do not care for books switching characters on me, but for this book it works. By doing this we get an insight to both characters and what makes them tick.

Echo has endured a lot, and most of it she does not remember. She has become the gossip of school because of the mental and physicalscars she constantly has to hid. Echo is a truly strong young woman. Even though her life has fallen apart, she still keeps going and throughout the book we watch as she grows from a scared girl to an amazing brave young lady. She has to learn to accept herself and what has happened to her.

Noah is the social reject. Most people don't know that his life has been flipped upside down, and the many heavy burdens he carries on his shoulders. Noah grows in this novel by coming to terms with his past and planning his future.

Together, Noah and Echo are great characters. The chemistry between them is completely believable. I loved reading about their journey and growth together, and I can not wait to continue the series and read Beth's (Noah's best friend's) story next!< br />
This book surprised me. I did not think that I would care for a YA contemporary novel, but now I will read more into the genre. I was captured from the very beginning and I honestly, stayed up reading until I was done.

If you have not read this. Check it out. It will make the romantic in you swoon in places. You don't want to miss this one!

Goodreads Page















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Contemporary YA is my favorite genre! Thank you so much for the review! Adding this one to my TBR pile :)

    Btw, I am currently hosting a giveaway at my blog. Feel free to joine if you have time -> http://mariusreads.blogspot.com/2013/03/blogoversary-giveaway-int.html

    ReplyDelete

Category3

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images