Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
...........................................
 The Program by Suzanne Young
Pub: April 30th
In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.
 Why Am I excited?

Not only does the cover intrigue, but I think this just sounds like an interesting, original idea for a book!

18 comments:

SQT said...

This one looks like my kind of book. Thanks for sharing- and stopping by. Following you back. :)

Chyna said...

I like this one hehehhe

new GFC follower
follow back?

Btw I'm also hosting a giveaway fro a signed copy of Unravel me

Join?

http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html#links

Almostfaemous said...

I found your posting looking for blog followers and I followed you thru GFC. Great looking blog, I hope you get a chance to look over my blog;
http://almostfaemous.blogspot.ca/

Laurie

patty said...

A lot of people are looking forward to this one. I might have to put it on my list. Good pick :)

Book Wookie said...

I had this one on my Waiting on Wednesday a few weeks back. At the time I was hopeful I would get my hands on an ARC, but I never did manage to.

Mitchii @ Aeropapers said...

I also want to read this, too. Very interesting, right? Awesome choice!

Thanks for dropping by. :)

Zenia said...

I also have this book in my "I'm waiting impatiently for" pile :-)
It sounds really good, great pick.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and thanks for following .. I follow back (via mail because I don't know what RSS is, HA HA)

Toni Lesatz said...

Thanks for stopping by My WoW! Great minds think alike :)

Have a great week!

Toni @ My Book Addiction

Monica said...

awesome pick!

Janeal Falor said...

This is one I waiting for, too. The cover is great and the blurb is intriguing. It will be interesting to see where the author goes with it.

MizMaliciouz said...

I have been dying for this to come out its one of my TBR The cover is simple but intriguing and the synopsis drew me in so fast. I agree sounds fresh & original also following back by GFC =D

Jessica R said...

Ooh, I am definitely excited for this one! It sounds so great. It was actually one of the first I featured as a WoW on my blog :)
Thanks for stopping by mine this week!

YA Novelties said...

Love Suzanne Young! Can't wait for this either!

Thanks for stopping by!

Angie @ YA Novelties

The Bumble Girl said...

I haven't read any of Suzanne Young's books yet, although, I do own them, lol! I like the white cover with their yellow jumpsuits, sounds like a great read!
Thanks for stopping by; following you back :)

The Autumn Review said...

I saw this one on another blog too. Thanks for sharing!

Kara_Malinczak said...

Very fun blog design! The Program is definitely one that I am anticipating. It sounds exciting and the lucky few who have read it have raved. WANT.

Daisy H said...

Ooh, all of your places look WONDERFUL. In snowy Canada, I have to stay inside most of the time...
Thanks for stopping by! Following you back :)

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

OMG I've been wanting this book sosososososo bad! I love Suzanne Young and this concept is great! :)

Thanks for stopping by my post! Sorry for such a late response!

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

Post a Comment