Synopsis

 To survive in a ruined world, she must embrace the darkness…

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters.

Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what and who is worth dying for…again.

Enter Julie Kagawa's dark and twisted world as an unforgettable journey begins.

...................

My Rating and Reviews


4.5/5


I really enjoyed this book! I have to be honest. I was a little worried going into it, because I was not as big of a fan of The Iron Fey series as other people I have seen. I never ended up finishing the last book in the series because I thought it ended up being beyond boring. But this new series of Julie Kagawa has me very excited. 

The book is a dystopian setting. (This always adds points.. I am not sure why I love dystopian so much but I do.) I love how original  and fresh this book was. Vampires have taken over and the world as we know it hasn't existed in 60 years.  When scientists tried to find the cure for a deadly virus, they make things worse. They create Rabids, living things that have an extreme case of a disease like rabies.

Our main character, Allie, grew up in the outskirts of a vampire city. She only knew a life of hiding and one step from starving. A series of events leads her to becoming one of the enemy, a vampire. 
Allie is a great character and I loved reading her story and seeing how she learns to accept this new life she has. She has to figure out how to control the "monster" she has become if she wants to keep her humanity. She is amazingly strong and determined to remained true to herself, no matter what, even though the odds are completely against her. 

I found all of the characters main this plot interesting and something I found myself wrapped up in. I didn't want to put it down for anything.  I loved the entirety of it all. I can't wait to read the next in the series.  

This is one you shouldn't miss. It is a new spin and take on both dystopian and vampire fiction. If you like either one of those genres, then give this series a chance!






 

0 comments:

Post a Comment