For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.



4/5

I was scared going into this that I wouldn't like it. That is what held me up on reading this for so long. 
I read a lot of bad reviews, so I was afraid this was going to be a book I hated. I was happily surprised to find that I absolutely adored this book!

The book is set in a dystopian future where we have been through four world wars and society is now broken into "Castes" or classes and that is what determines people's income and everything about how you will live your life. There is a royal family instead of a president now. Everything we know today is gone. 

Our main character, America, is from one of the lower castes. Her family struggles, but she has only known that life and to her it is the norm. The she receives papers to enter "the selection" for the hand of the prince and her life changes forever. 

I love the gowns and the prince and the whole idea behind the book. I mean I was sucked in instantly and I could not get enough!

The one thing I could not handle was the love triangle. They always drive me crazy anyways! I thought she was just wasting her time on one of the fellas. *cough* Aspen *cough, cough* I won't lie, I am team Maxon all the way. And I felt like Americas flaw is that she is too scare to own up to her feelings and it drove me insane. I wanted to shake her through the entire book!

If you haven't read this series.  Hop on the train. It's so much fun folks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment