If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....




 4/5

I fell in love with Pushing the Limits. I almost did not read this second book because I really didn't like Beth. AT ALL. However, upon reading Dare You To changed my opinion. This is as well written as it's predecessor, and is just as an enjoyable book to get caught up in.

We get to see more of Beth's life, past and present. It helps us understand where the anger comes from. Most people who had been dealt her hand in life would be the same way. Throughout this book she finally starts healing and learns some hard lessons. She is taken back to where it all started and being from a small town, myself, what she goes through is very realistic to how it is. All it takes is to be related to someone to make or break you. She has to break free of her past, move foward, and learn to put herself forward.

I know so many loved Isiah but I am glad that this is not their story together. I don't find anything attractive about characters who are stoners. In fact I feel like it weakens his character. (I don't care if you smoke or not.. weed is just NOT for me) I guess there are a lot of other reasons as to why I am not crazy for him, but mainly, he is just not the type of character that would be good for someone like Beth.

I really enjoyed that Beth's "new" love interest, Ryan, has his own flaws and together they make each other stronger. It feels like a real relationship. Together, they are no where near perfect, but they try to work through them and it's not love within 3 days of knowing each other. 
If you like Pushing the Limits... this is a must read for you. We still see some of our favorite characters. Its just a very heartfelt book, and yes, there are tons of "sigh" moments. (All of us romantics out there can't live without them.) This book is not all lovey dovey the entire time, but that is one the reasons I loved it so much. Check it out! Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment