Easy by Tammara Webber


  


Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.




  3/5

This book held alot of promise to me. I thought it sounded great and the reviews were good. BUT I honestly didn't see what the hype was about, and it just feel way under my expectations.
I found the plot to almost be boring. It had a great start and I was really into the beginning. I was just confused as to how exactly the characters fall for eachother. It is more of a fascination to me to then something that happens in real life. Throughout the book, it feels like they barely learn anything about each other and it is more of a physical attraction/ hook up type of relationship. They hold a lot back from each other, and what they do find out about each other is a lot of the time from other people or through deceit. The chemistry between them is a little hard to believe for me and the relationship does not feel like something that would actually work in life.
Just like the characters do not get to know each other, we do not get to know the characters well either. There is not much growth in them and they just seem very flat to me. Yes, bad things happen to them, but I just didn't connect with them or feel for them. There is just not much depth to them.

All in all, I felt like this book had great potential. The ideas behind the plot are great and the character could have been just as good. This is an easy read (no pun intended) and judging by how much people have seemed to like it maybe you would to. This one just fell short for me and ended up not being my cup of tea.












1 comments:

Florentine Readiculously Peachy said...

great review! It's funny how sometimes a hype can be such quite disappointing!

Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

Post a Comment