Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

 






 3/5

Ok this book has basically nothing but great reviews, so I thought going into this I was going to fall in love. Only I didn't. 

I do want to say I love, love, love the writing the style. I love how the thoughts Juliette didn't like having was crossed out. I thought this made the book unique. I did like that she was obsessive with numbers and almost had border line "crazy" thoughts which goes well for how she was locked up for almost a year. 

I just couldn't get into this book for the first 3/4ths of it. I found it to be dull and not too exciting. I felt everything moved so fast that you couldn't really feel the impact of what was going on and connect with our main character.  Even her and Adam fall head over heels with each other when they have never really said a word to each other before. I just felt like this was so unrealistic. Ok, yes I hate fast love stories.  

I thought of Xmen a lot in this book. Especially towards the end. I felt like I have read this before and it didn't have the original, fresh edge that I like when reading a book. 

Shatter Me was just meh for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I will read the next one, because I am wondering if I will find it better then the first and maybe I am just being too harsh on this. I really feel like this is just one of the books, that I personally, didn't love. 

If asked to recommend a book this wouldn't be on the top of my list, but hey you might love it. Tons of people do! 

2 comments:

Elle (Lost in Wonderland) said...

I felt quite similarly about this book. It was the first dystopian book I had read, so I found it quite intriguing. But it wasn't really a great overview of what dystopian can be. It reminded me a little of X-men and also Fantastic Four haha.

Great Review!
Old follower.

Jessica@a GREAT read said...

Nice review! I have to admit to growing curiouser about this one since so many people have loved it. Although the heroine's chaotic thoughts and crossing out sentences sounds like something that would drive me crazy. I usually don't like unreliable heroes and it almost seems she might be that way.

Great review though!

Post a Comment