Top Ten Tuesday #1






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list. The aim is to list ten things within the topic (or as many as possible).





 Books dealing with tough subjects, whether it be abuse, suicide, grief, or just whatever speaks to you personally.




1. Going Under By S. Walden  - This book deals with date rape/ gang rape and it does so in a way that makes you uncomfortable, but also does not shelter us as the readers from the after affects of this events. 


 2. Unwind by Neal Shusterman - This book left such an impression on me. It deals with the idea of unwanted children and solutions to the problem in a dystopian fashion. It feels so real, and I still get chills thinking about this one.

3. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder - This is such a sad book, but a great book! Death, feelings of guilt, and dealing with grief are all issues that are brought to you in this one. 

4. Wideacre by Philippa Gregory - This is a great triology, but it has all the taboos in it. Incest, murder, revenge, and living one big lie. The trilogy depicts three generations and the aftermath of all of these things. It's a great series. I love the third book in this trilogy.

5. Scribbler of Dreams by Mary Pearson - A book about how the children of people who commit manslaughter are thought of. It's a book of forgiveness. I can't imagine having to go on with my normal routine even though my dad was just sent to prison for killing someone else.

6. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen - This book deals with child molestation/rape and child abuse. 

7. Dare You To by Katie McGarry - Deals with a parent having a drug addiction, physical abuse, and having to grow in world full of both.

8.  Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - deals with being condemned for murdering the man who rape and torture you and countless others.

9. Rule by Jay Crownover - Deals with the loss of a sibling, son, and best friend and a family's journey and problems caused by it.

10. Wait For You by Jennifer Armentrout - This for me is a topic that makes me angry. Parents who hide that their child was raped and make them feel like it was their fault
































 

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I am embarrassingly just getting around to visiting all the wonderful bloggers from Friday Follow.

Rape is a very difficult subject for me as well. I watched The Invisable War last night, a doc on rape in the military and made me so angry I had a hard time watching. Anyway, great top ten and I'm now following.

CeCe said...

So many amazing looking books that I haven't read yet! I need to add a bunch of these to my TBR shelf.

CeCe @ Steaming Mug of Books

Lexxie Lin said...

The only book I've read from your list is Poison, but some of these look so good I'm gonna add some to my TBR.

Here's my TTT post.

Happy reading.

Liberty Ann Ireland said...

Ooh Ashley, such great choices and explanations!! ANd your blog is beautiful. So glad I stopped by!

Here is our Top Ten for the week. We look forward to seeing you on Harlie's Books!

Renee Rose said...

I read wideacre way back in the day and didn't care for it....Not because of the taboo subjects just cause of the storyline.

Ashley Knapp said...

I hated the second, but the Third, Meridon, I have read several times. It has a completely different feel to it.
Wideacre is hard to like. I just love philippa Gregory.

Post a Comment