Feature and Follow #9


How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.


 Have you broken up with a series? If so which one and why?

I have to admit, I am not afraid to drop a series if I grow bored with it or I just get tired of it. 

A few of my break-ups:

Vampire Diaries (Read the first 4)
 House of Night (Read the first 5)
Immortal Instruments (Read the first 4)
Fallen (read 1&2)
Paranormalcy (Read 1&2)

What makes me stop reading is if, like with the Immortal instruments series, I feel like the series should have ended and now the story is just being drawn out or , like with House of Night, I get way too annoyed with the main characters.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the first 3 in Immortal Instruments. It just should have ended there. That was a complete story. Zoey in HON, has what seems like 3 new love interest per book and each book is so small. Not enough room in them for all that love!

I might eventually try some again, but who knows. There is always a new book to read with a new promise and adventure to go on!

8 comments:

Eveline V said...

I quit House of Night & Fallen too:) PS: new follower on GFC!

My (first ever) FF:
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

BecAlora Walker said...

I'm completely with you on House of Night. I'm a new follower via e-mail.

Here's my link if you'd like to stop by Vicariously!

And I must say that your layout is beyond gorgeous. :)

Have a wonderful Friday.

Jessica@a GREAT read said...

Yeah I gave up on Vampire Diaries as well. Loved the first and original 4! I read the trilogy that came after it because I was curious to see what L.J. would do with it. Then afterwards when she said she wasn't writing them anymore after that I stopped. I think there was some controversy with her and some higher ups about how she was writing them or something like that. So another writer took over, but they still used her name. So I decided to call it quits then. Not sure about the whole thing now since there's been like 5 books since those first new 3 after the original 4.

Plus it got really weird. The first books were published in the 90s and then suddenly in the newer ones they have updated technology. Like cell phones that fit in pockets. The cells back then were huge because I remember my mom had one that was for her car and that puppy would never ever fit into a pocket!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Renu said...

I also gave up on the HoN series. I broke up with it after book 3 or so. The mc and the romance really started to annoy me.

- New follower via GFC! ^^

Jackie said...

Your blog is so adorable!! I think everyone gave up on HoN series... Happy reading!

New GFC Follower
Jackie
http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/06/feaure-friday.html

Lexxie Lin said...

I haven't read the Vampire Diaries, but I think I own them... I haven't read a HoN book in ages, but I might get back to them. I had to laugh at your description about why you stopped reading them - it's so true!

Old Bloglovi'n follower, here's my FF post for this week.

Brandi Kosiner said...

I am following you from the hop. I would love return followers on bloglovin please

Jeanine Smith said...

LOTS of people stopped reading House of Night...like, tons of people...LOL.

New follower here via GFC! My blog is http://reviewingromance.blogspot.com

-Jeanine

Post a Comment