In a futuristic world nearly destroyed by religious extremists, Justin March lives in exile after failing in his job as an investigator of religious groups and supernatural claims. But Justin is given a second chance when Mae Koskinen comes to bring him back to the Republic of United North America (RUNA). Raised in an aristocratic caste, Mae is now a member of the military’s most elite and terrifying tier, a soldier with enhanced reflexes and skills.

When Justin and Mae are assigned to work together to solve a string of ritualistic murders, they soon realize that their discoveries have exposed them to terrible danger. As their investigation races forward, unknown enemies and powers greater than they can imagine are gathering in the shadows, ready to reclaim the world in which humans are merely game pieces on their board.

Gameboard of the Gods, the first installment of Richelle Mead’s Age of X series, will have all the elements that have made her YA Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series such megasuccesses: sexy, irresistible characters; romantic and mythological intrigue; and relentless action and suspense.

 
 
 
 5/5

I might be a little partial for this book, but Richelle Mead is one of my favorite authors. I have been looking forward to reading this new series from her since I first heard about it. It does not disappoint. Before reading this, know it is an Adult book. If you have not read any of Mead's other adult books, you should know that her writing is much more mature and a little slower paced than that of her YA books. I love both of her genres personally. 

Gameboard of the Gods is set in a future world full of new countries and a society that does not accept religion. I loved how Mead brings us so many different gods and their worshipers into the story. I found this start to a promising series to be a story full of mystery and such a fresh idea for, what I consider, a new dystopian world. 

Our two main characters are really the focus of this book. There are many great characters, but Justina and Mae really stand out. We are given our "kick-ass" heroine in Mae. She is a warrior and is not afraid to fight when needed. I love that both Justin and Mae have their faults and their own backgrounds which has made them the way they are. 

The story line is a roller-coaster ride, we are taken on a ride with the investigation of the murders that Justin is assigned. It left me guessing as to what was going to happen and how it was going to turn out. I never found it dull for a minute and I can not wait to read the next book in the series!

I would recommend this book. Like I said I love Mead's adult and YA books, but I have seen a lot who only like her adult while other only like her YA. Don't rule this one out though! Check it out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment