Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.


And then he opened his mouth.


Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 


The hot alien living next door marks me.


You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 


If I don't kill him first, that is.


 
 

5/5

Daemon Black. I have heard that name so much since I started blogging. I now know what all the buzz was about! I feel like I am last one in the YA-sphere who has read this book! I mean what has taken me so long? This is an amazing, amazing start to a series , and I am beyond excited to read the next books. 

I will say that I have this problem where I read the synopsis and then forget what the book is about , but I know I want to read it. I guess this was one of those cases, because  the entire time I was reading, I was thinking the Blacks were descendants of gods or something. Let me tell you, it took me back  a little bit when I found out what they actually are. I mean that's not usually something I like. Aliens? I am the type of person who skip the entire class series in Oceanography on Deep Sea critters, because they weird me out looking so alien to anything else on this earth. AND now I am getting off topic, anyway, finding out what the Blacks were creep me a little. I quickly didn't care though. 

I love the characters, every single one of them. They are each so vibrant and bring a certain amount of charm to the book. Our MC is a book nerd and a smart ass. She is brave and just someone who you can relate to and you feel like she is a real person instead of just a character in a book. 

Daemon is, well, steamy. In all his alien glory, he makes us fall in love with his bad boy atttitude, and moody behavior. He is devoted to protecting the ones he loves and he is bad ass at doing so.  I am definitely A Team Daemon member now!

Dee is Daemon's sister, and she keeps our love birds coming back together and brings unity to them all. 

We have lots of other characters in there too, some human and some alien. I love them all. Even our crazy villians. 

Over all this book mixes just the right amount of steam with action and twists and turns. We are never let bored or with a feeling like the book is just dragging. Like I said earlier, I can not wait to read the other books that are out in the series. If you are like me and haven't read this yet, then do it. You will not regret that decision. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment