Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


 
 

 
 3.5-4 / 5

The reason I would go as low as 3.5 is because I did not enjoy this second installment in the Sweet Trilogy as much as I loved Sweet Evil. This is far from a bad sequel. It kept me into to it the entire time and I couldn't put it down. 

I was relieved that we were spared the dreaded YA love triangle. It was nice to see characters stick to their convictions and stay true to themselves. I still like Anna, and maybe I like her even more in Sweet Peril. She continues to learn to except herself and learn to deal with it. She is even braver then I thought and she is determined to follow her heart and do what ever it takes to protect the ones she loves. 

I had read earlier that Kai was not in this very much. I guess the first part he wasn't, but there was a reason that you find out later. He is still as much of a heart throb as ever. Something I like about this series is that it does have steamy scenes, and they are still contained enough to keep this book for young adult readers and yummy enough for those of us who love that stuff!

The only thing I am worried about is that Kai and Anna are going to turn into the I can't live without you, slightly psychotic lovers. That type of relationship annoys me. (An example, Four and Tris in Insurgent... I thought less of them after that.) Higgins keeps the relation at a normal level and nothing that would leave you thinking one of the characters have a boarder line personality disorder. 

I love forward to reading the conclusion. I think it is going to be edge of your seat intense. If you loved Sweet Evil read this, because it is a great second book for a trilogy. I can't wait to see how it all goes down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment