Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

 
 

 
 
 2.5/5

This is another book that did not live up to it's hype to me. I thought the idea was great and there were moments I loved, but the parts that annoyed far out weighed those. 

Mainly I was annoyed with the Abby/Travis relationship. They are close then push away. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. It was too much. Abby was a drama queen, but I felt like it came from both her and Travis. There could have more to their relationship, but instead they just fought. Usually over something really, really dumb. 

With Travis, he drove me crazy by being so needy. Seriously dude? Get your crap together. If I was dating someone who acted like he was going crazy and little child without me by his side... I would be running the opposite direction. To me that was a HUGE flaw in his character that I just couldn't get passed. 

If some of the drama had been cut out of the book. If Travis and Abby had actually talked to each other and stopped running back and forth. If it didn't feel like half the book wasn't on repeat. 
Like I said to me the book fell way short. It annoyed me more than anything and I was really disappointed that it was not as great as I thought it was going to be. 

I will not be recommending this one or reading the Walking Disaster. I barely made it through the story the first time around. Most reviews are how awesome this book is. You be the judge. I would love to hear what you thought about it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment