Falling Into You (Falling #1) by Jasinda Wilder

Thursday, August 01, 2013


 



I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.








 
 
3/5

This book was just meh for me. At the end, I felt like something was missing in it. 
 The first half was an emotional roller coaster.

Everything in the beginning is just so tragic. The young love story warms your heart then instantly you are just shattered. 

But that is just a long epilogue to what the story is really about. 

Our MC is still destroyed long after the death of the "love of her life." To me, she came across as rather a weak character. It hurts to move on, but people do. That is part of grief and part of healing. She was so weak she couldn't and I found myself not liking her much. She is with Colton and then she still cries and cries. 

I honestly didn't necessarily get the relationship between Nell and Colton. A lot it was hooking up. That does not make a believable relationship or one that I enjoyed reading about.  

I did not connect with characters no matter how hard I tried. I thought they were very one dimensional.   I really liked the idea behind the book, but I felt like lit could be done better. 
In the end it left me wanting something that it just didn't give me. 

Would I recommend it? No, this is another one that i wouldn't consider at all, but once again the masses love it. So if you read come back and let me know what you thought.













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Category3

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images