Feature and Follow #11

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to WordPress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don’t have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.
 This Week's ?
How do you handle a book when you don't like it? Do you DNF or do you power through?
I typically try to finish. I usually realize I don't like it about half way through, but I always try to finish it. Most of the time when DNF a book it is because I am so bored with it, I just can't keep reading it. 
What about you? 

10 comments:

Lizzy Lessard said...

Boredom actually isn't the reason I DNF books. It's usually because the sense of deja vu is overpowering or I really hate the characters. Although, if the book goes on for two chapters without the characters actually doing SOMETHING, then yeah, I'm bored.

Bloglovin follower

My FF

Jessica@a GREAT read said...

DNFs are rare for me, but they can happen. I don't want to spend time reading a book that can't hold my attention somehow.

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Tilly @ Hardcore Heroines said...

I also try and finish it, and mostly I do! I usually skim a book if I'm bored with it, if I hate the protagonist or they're really annoying, then I DNF it. What's the point in carrying on reading a book, when you hate the narrator?
Thanks for stopping by my FF, new follower via Bloglovin'!

Lexxie said...

DNFs are extremely rare for me, but I should really try to make a rule about reading X pages and if I really can't get into the story by then, just stop. There are so many books I'd like to read, you know?

Thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier. Old Bloglovin follower :)

Traci Horton said...

I usually try to finish them too. I've only ever DNF a handful and if I get to the halfway point then I'm going to finish it no matter what. Thanks for stopping by this week. Old Bloglovin' follower.

Krystianna said...

I always try to finish books too. You never know if there's something better that hasn't happened yet! I'm a GFC follower. :b

Mia Hoddell said...

Usually I will give it 50-100 pages but it has to be fast-paced to keep my interest. I'm picky about what I read so only have 1 DNF so far!

New follower :)

Mia Hoddell

Gift card giveaway

Rachel @ Booktastic Reviews said...

I'm the same - I'll DNF a book but only when it's get EXTREMELY tedious work to read on.

New follower via GFC! :D

My FF!

Alyssaz said...

If I am reading a book for review, then I always fight towards the bitter end. But if it is just a 'fun' reading book, and it is really bad on all levels (plot, characters, writing) then I will DNF. I hardly have to do that though!

new follower via Bloglovin!

Sunrise Avenue

Amber Hodges said...

I'm glad so many of us bloggers don't like to give up on books unless it is necessary to our sanity!

thanks for stopping by! I'm an old follower :)

Here's my FF

Amber @Paradise of Pages

Post a Comment