Gold (Bandia #2) by Talia Vance



Descended from an Irish demigod, Brianna has fled to Ireland to escape destruction at the hands of her sworn enemies, the Sons of Killian. Taking refuge at the estate of her former nemesis, Austin Montgomery, Brianna discovers a rift in time that opens to an era before the feud began.

Wrestling with her newfound feelings for the more innocent Austin, Brianna begins to wonder if she can alter the past. But when Brianna and Austin learn that the Sons are raising an army of mythical beasts, the pair will need to use their magical strength in the present to avoid a tragic end.






 
 4/5
 I have to start with the fact that I have not read the first in the series, Silver. This fact had nothing to do with how much I enjoyed this follow up. There were things I did not understand, but the author mixed a lot of the story line explanation of the first into the this so I feel like I have a good grasp as to what happened by the end of this.

I am not sure how to classify this. It is mixed with both YA and NA elements so I guess I will just so with mature YA?

I thought the idea behind the story was great. I love the Irish creatures and "magical" people. The plot kept great pace and I was enthralled from beginning to end. There was so many characters, but I did not have a hard time following them and I quickly fell in love with some and hated the others.

The main show down was a little short and not as exciting as I thought it was going to be. That would be my main let down. Well. That and another event that happens, but I can't tell you anymore then it broke my heart. (I am hoping that this will be rectified in another novel.)

This ended up being an original read. It did not feel like something I had read before. I loved the assortment of characters we are given from beginning to end. I really enjoyed the back stories and how well paced the plot was. I would recommend starting with the first. Maybe I will go back and read it myself, even though I will know what happens. If you like a
magical/lore type book then this one is worth reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment