The Look by Sophia Bennett

 Can she be a supermodel and a super-sister? She finds her answer in just one look.

Two sisters, both beautiful in different ways: Fifteen-year-old Ted has got "The Look." That's what the scout for the modeling agency tells her, and she can't believe her luck. But just as Ted's jet-setting off on her new career, Ava is diagnosed with cancer. Can Ted be a supermodel and a super-sister? Or will she have to choose between family and fame? With their worlds turned upside down, the girls have to look past appearances, look deep inside, to figure out what really matters.







 
 
 


 
 3/5
 This was a heart warming and endearing read. It deals with topics that are heartbreaking and we get to see a family grow and deal with it together. However, even with the tough topic, I feel like we really just skimmed the surface of the characters with this one. I didn't really connected to them in the way that, as a reader, I want to. I don't think in 3 months from now this one will still come to mind because of that.

Ted is our MC. She lives in the shadow of her beautiful sister. She is constantly teased at school and I got the feeling made to feel invisible in a sense. Well that is until a model scout sees her. Her story is more of a self discovery. She learns to be comfortable in her skin, decide if modeling is something she wants to do, and how to be there for her sister in her time of need.

This was no where close to being a bad. I just felt like it was lacking the sort of depth. I kept waiting for it, but I never got it. It is an interesting story and I enjoyed the ride we take with the story. In the end though, I just need more from every aspect of this novel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment