Taken (Taken #1) by Erin Bowman


There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?
 3.5-4/5

As with everyone else, one look at the this cover and I was fated to read this book. Instanta love right here ya'll. I didn't even have to read the synopsis to know I would be reading this. Covers and me have a love hate relationship.

I loved the whole idea of the story. Turn eighteen. disappear. Have to figure out why. You know how this type of story goes. It was a really fun read, and I will read the next in the series to find out what happens. I am invested. I just hope a few things are straightened out in the next one, and we will be just fine together. 

Gray. Our main fella. He's cool. He figures out something is wrong and he is a "I must solve this" type of guy. He puts up a front, but at heart he is a loveable dude. I enjoyed reading how his story unfolds and all the shenanigans he gets himself thrown into. I was rooting for him. 

My problem with his character. He is devoted to a girl from home. She follows him on these said shenanigans, BOOM trouble strikes, and it's like she is forgotten. Before we know it, he's got another girl in sights.  I just got rather annoyed that this more than likely going to end up in my dreaded love triangle. I mean, COME ON. It's been done. I hate them. We are over them. Just stop already!

I felt like some of the story just unfolds so fast. I wanted a little more, it was almost there, but I just didn't get it. 

Like I said. It's good. I wouldn't say great. But hey this could turn into a decent series. Hopefully the love triangle dissolves ASAP. The story is full of mystery and things of that nature. It's far from dull. promise. If you are in to those kinds of things, I would say check it out. It just isn't the mind blowing debut of a new series liked I hoped. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment