Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

 
Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.
 
5/5

I fell in love with this book! Very seldom does a book actually make me laugh. I might find the humor in it, but not find it that funny. This one, however, made me laugh several times. At one point my husband even asked me what I found so funny. It is full of quirk and how our main character is made me a huge fan of Wallbanger!

I have read a lot of mixed reviews, but for me personally this came out on top. I enjoy how dramatic Caroline is and how she describes that things that are going on around her. It worked for me and a lot of the time, I was enjoying the book mainly because of her personality. Sex craved and all. 

Simon is our man, and he is definitely, how we say it? a lover? Ok, fine. He is a man whore. Bring home a girl every night type of man whore. That is the only flaw in his character. ;) He however is traveled and one hell of a cook so what more can a girl want? I might have a slight book boyfriend crush on him. maybe. 

Anyways, if you enjoy New adult, look into this one. It really is a fun read with some steamy and tension filled scenes here and there. It is one that is very entertaining and keeps you entertained from beginning to end.

1 comments:

Renee DeAngelo said...

I loved this book too. I just followed your blog. Would love it if you would check out my blog http://readerschoicewriterschallenge.wordpress.com/
I'm looking for readers to join me in deciding the fate of my characters. Hope you'll check it out.
I also have a blog where I talk about all things writing and reading at
http://reneedeangelo.wordpress.com/
I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Post a Comment