The Wicked Vampire (The Last True Vampire #6) by Kate Baxter

Sunday, October 08, 2017

The Wicked Vampire by Kate Baxter
He was one of the most feared creatures in the supernatural world, and yet, she was drawn to him unlike any other. His scent ignited her thirst. The sight of him drove her mad with want...  
Lovers forever--or enemies to the death? 

 Sasha Ivanomore blood. But when she enters a supernatural fight club--and is tethered to her mortal enemy--Sasha realizes she's playing the most dangerous game of all...
v was born to be wild. A vampire party girl, she stalks the L.A. clubs at night. Dancing. Drinking. Indulging her darkest appetites. Never sated, she's always looking for more: more danger, more excitement,
Ewan Brun was born to kill vampires. A powerful berserker and unbeaten champion, he doesn't need a weapon to be deadly. He is the weapon. But when his soul becomes captive to the most beautiful vampire he's ever seen, he is all but powerless. He cannot resist Sasha--and cannot fight his desires. Is their love strong enough to defeat the gathering forces of darkness that threatens to destroy them both?

Publication Date: December 5th, 2017
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33574187-the-wicked-vampire?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Vampire-Last-True-ebook/dp/B07232XDPX/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1507269784&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Wicked+vampire

 3.5/5

I requested this from Netgalley because I thought it sounded like a fun read, and I wasn't let down. I really did enjoy it. I thought it was a stand alone, and it is sorta/kinda is...
but..
it isn't at the same time. I could follow the story just fine, and I haven't read any of the previous books in The Last True Vampire series. The story between Sasha and  Ewan is their own, but their plot fits into a underlying bigger plot. It's easy to catch on to it, but now I am will have to go back and read the series from the beginning as it left me curious.

The book is heavy on the sexy time, and let's put it this way - holy sweet angel babies. They are rather steamy with some extreme dominance going on between the sheets. It is pretty heavy through out the book, but it really isn't so much it takes away from getting to actual read a plot.  (I would complain if it did. Give me story over reading about bumping uglies anyday.)


I really like Sasha - our main character who is a vampire. She is lost in the beginning of the book, and is trying to find herself. She is in a rebellion stage where she wants freedom and to figure out what the hell she needs to make herself feel whole again. She doesn't take crap and will stand up for herself. 

Ewan is a beserker (a immortal warlord). He is also trying to find himself. He has became a robot just following orders. He is an alpha male and there is no way around that one. He is like a gusher, you know,  hard and sour on the outside and sweet on the inside.  

There was one thing that made me not rate The Wicked Vampire higher.  The first half of the book is a lot of doing the dirty and chemistry exploring between Sasha and Ewan, but they do not talk. I have a hard time believing a couple is falling madly in love with each other when they barely say three words to each other for an entire half of a book. It's a book pet peeve of my mine, I suppose. I live for the banter between the hero and heroine in a romance novel. So when it is lacking, it really takes away from what I am expecting and wanting more then anything. 

Besides that, I really did enjoy this. I plan on going back and reading the whole series from the beginning actually. I really like that books are separate, but connected by a larger story line. It makes the story that much more interesting. I look forward to seeing where the story go in the Last True Vampire series.

I'd recommend this to those who enjoyed:
 The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward, The Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole , The Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS goes mobile - the original Battle Royale game is now available on your device!

    ReplyDelete
  2. West Gunfighter Hack - Unlimited Diamonds and Gold for you device iOS and Android.

    ReplyDelete