Top Ten - Halloween

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a theme is given that you compose , you guessed it, a top ten list for.
This week's topic is a Halloween freebie!

This is my favorite time of year. The changing leaves, chilly nights, camp fires, hoodies, and the whole atmosphere in general makes my heart happy and content. I also love to dress up. In college, my best friends and I would go all out coming up with our costumes and I loved to do that like no other.  Since the costumes are my favorite part of this "holiday," I thought what would be more fitting then a post about just that.

Thinking about it, I decided I would go with couple's costumes I would love to go as.
Well if..
1. I could get my husband to willingly put a costume on.
2. I actually had an adult shindig to go to.
3. I could find people that would "get" them.
4. For many of them, if I was 18 instead of 30. ;)

Calaena and Rowen
Throne of Glass series
Sarah J. Maas
We would totally be a power couple in fighter gear. 

Rose and Dimitri
Rachelle Mead
I honestly just love Rose and Dimka so much. I would 100% Rock her, and I wouldn't mind seeing the hubs try to be all Russian cowboy bad ass.

America and Prince Maxon
Kiera Cass
I want to wear the dresses. That's all. 

Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blithe
L.M. Montgomery
I would say in character all night, and be so happy with life. 

Sal and Kulti
Mariana Zapata
Ok, so this would just be soccer uniforms, but I love them both so much. 

Eleanor and Daniel
Susan Dennard
Steam punk would be fun! And Eleanor's dresses sounded amazing.

Jamie and Alec
Julie Garwood
Pretty Dress + Celtic Laird gear = *sigh*

Mary and William
Philippa Gregory
I have a thing for this time area of clothing so I would be more then happy to adorn some period wear.

Ildiko and Brishen
Grace Draven
I really like the description of these two and when I read this I thought how fun it would be to dress up as them.

Elizabeth and Darcy
Jane Austin
You can't have a list of literary couple's costumes without these lovelies. Let's be serious.


Well, that is my list! Nothing exciting, but I rather enjoyed deciding on it. 

Happy Halloween ya'll!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. There should be a party somewhere with only people over 25 [so I can go too!] so we don't have to feel uncomfortable dressing up, darn it. I'm so not confident enough to ever do something like that, even though I keep thinking about bad-ass outfits to try out, haha.

    Maybe one day!

    And you can always have your own private Halloween-dress up party? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice topic idea!! Great picks too! Quite a few new to me one but I am loving the Eleanor and Daniel one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blithe would be very fun characters to dress up as. Good choice there.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea for this week's freebie!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/top-ten-tuesday-131/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to wear The Selection dresses too. They're beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s been so long since I’ve worn a costume. Any of these would be awesome.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your reason for not dressing "bookish" were spot on! I keep thinking about all these cool book characters and then realize I'd be the only one who knew what I was. Not always a bad thing, but sometimes the "what are you?" questions starts to get a little old :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a list. Elizabeth and Darcy is one people might recognise, and it would be great fun wearing such a lovely costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ashley, what a great Halloween inspired list! I LOVE YOUR VERSION!! I did it too so its my favorite topic, but couple costumes!! And your choices... I'm SO IN LOVE with Jamie and Alec as well as Anne and Gilbert!! GAH! That would be so cool...

    I love top 10 Tuesday... Here is my post if you're interested in my choices <3 https://wp.me/p3LRfZ-6Vt

    ReplyDelete