Top Ten - TBR List For my Kids

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a theme is given that you compose , you guessed it, a top ten list for.

This week's topic is books I want my children to read.

I have two girls, a three year old and an almost two year old. Aubree and Olivia. I hope that they will be readers, so this list is such a fun theme for me!

I am going to choose the books that helped shape me as an avid reader and would love to see my girls cherish as much as I do.

 
The American Girl books.
There is also Felicity and Molly. I loved all five of the girls. I remember how excited I was every time I got my mom to get me a new one! I loved the way the covers felt.

Beverly Cleary books
I read every single one of her books in middle school and I loved them all. She was my first "favorite author."


Wayside School series by Louis Sachar
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
The Sign of Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare

The Giver by Louis Lowry
Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey
 Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery

Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson
The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
&
(the given choice)
The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling

I could have kept listing, but I'll end it with these. 
What do you hope the kiddies read?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The Hunger Games and Harry Potter were both on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/top-ten-tuesday-133/

    ReplyDelete