Top Ten #2 - Fall Reading

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a theme is given that you compose , you guessed it, a top ten list for.
I am just doing ideas for a fall reading list.

My yearly fall craving:
Harry Potter is the first thing that came to my mind for this week's fall theme, and that's 'nuff said. I imagine we will be seeing Mr. Potter on a lot of lists this week!

Anne of Green Gables
Ok so I typically start wanting to reread this in the fall and winter. It's my getting in the holiday spirit series. I always watch the movies at Christmas time, and I can't wait to continue that tradition with my girls once they are old enough to like it.

The creepy-ish books:
Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake Dollhouse by Anya Allyn 
-Bad girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
-Anna Dressed in blood Kendare Blake
- The Dollhouse by Anya Allyn (Only the first book in the series. I hated the last two, but The Doll House -most of it- was creepy)

Books that feel like fall:
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Sheperd The Others series by Anne Bishop Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis Twilight by Stephenie Meyer The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin 
 The Madman'd Daughter by Megan Shepard
Written in Red (The Others series) by Anne Bishop
Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson
Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson
Not A Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
 ( I had to add Twilight as it is rather fall. I honestly liked it at the time the books were being published and then the god awful fandom and movies happened.)

TBR books who's covers make me think fall:
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake Roar by Cora Carmack

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
Roar by Cora Carmack

You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. A lot of books on your list that I want to read-- BAD GIRLS DON'T DIE, THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER, NOT A DROP TO DRINK. Also, I really liked STALKING JACK THE RIPPER and need to read the 2nd book in that series ASAP. Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read Stalking Jack the Ripper!

      My favorite of three you want to read was Not a Drop. It was one of those books that make you think, and could 100% see as a reality. A scarlet one, but one none the less.

      Delete
  2. I have seen Anna Dressed in Blood in so many list today, and it deserves to be. It is such a beautiful cover. Great list!

    Here's my TTT: 10 book covers that I fall in love at first sight

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice twist of the topic! And great picks too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you've had a great day as well!

      Delete
  4. Awesome picks! I still need to read Roar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started it last night actually! So far so good. I'm a little worried there is going to be a love triangle though, and that is something I can always do with out! (That is yet to be seen though, just a suspicion.)

      Delete
  5. I put Stalking Jack the Ripper on my list a few weeks ago, I really want to read it soon!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adored Written in Red - I need to continue that series! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved all of them except the last one, but it wasnt bad by any means either!

      Delete
  7. Great list, yes to the Harry Potter series :) lol I used to like Twilight when the books were coming out as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When series go to movies and the crazy fandoms are created, it always takes away from the books for me. I'm wierd. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

      Delete
  8. I always watch Anne of Green Gables at Christmas time too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great Christmas time movie! Little Women too.

      Delete
  9. So amny great fall-ish books! I'm also craving Harry Potter each fall for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Especially Escape from Azkaban and Goblet of fire, but that could be because they are my favorites of the series!

      Delete
  10. I think of Jack the Ripper and the sequel as having very fallish covers as well.
    That particular Anne of Green Gables cover make me think of fall too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roar is on my list this month too! I want to read it sooooo badly!

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started it last night and I'm really enjoying it so far!

      Delete
  12. Great list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/top-ten-tuesday-128/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! An Enchantment of Ravens. And I love Anne of Green Gables. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I question someone's character if they do not love Anne! ;)

      Delete
  14. Hi! I have Twilight on my list, too. I think it's the apple lol :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great list and there are so many books I need to read. I love the cover of An Enchantment of Ravens and it really sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES! Stalking Jack the Rippper is on my TBR too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anne of Green Gables was MADE for this week's list! :)

    'Jack the Ripper,' and 'Ravens' are books I've been curious about (and I own the former). Considering it's the perfect time of year for these kinds of reads, I really *should* read 'Jack.' Also, though it's also a book I never read, 'Madman's Daughter' is indeed a great fit for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I'm in the minority when I say that I've still not read the Harry Potter books. I'm curious about them because of the hype, but I've never gravitated towards them.

    - Lois @ My Midnight Musing

    ReplyDelete