Kulti by Mariana Zapata

Monday, November 06, 2017

Genre: contemporary/sports romance
Age: Adult
Release Date: March 20th, 2015
Media: Audiobook
Narrator: Callie Dalton

“Trust me, I’ve wanted to punch you in the face a time or five.”

When the man you worshipped as a kid becomes your coach, it’s supposed to be the greatest thing in the world. Keywords: supposed to. 



It didn’t take a week for twenty-seven-year-old Sal Casillas to wonder what she’d seen in the international soccer icon—why she’d ever had his posters on her wall, or ever envisioned marrying him and having super-playing soccer babies. 


Sal had long ago gotten over the worst non-break-up in the history of imaginary relationships with a man that hadn’t known she’d existed. So she isn’t prepared for this version of Reiner Kulti who shows up to her team’s season: a quiet, reclusive, shadow of the explosive, passionate man he’d once been.

Nothing could have prepared her for the man she got to know. 

Or the murderous urges he brought out in her.

“Sal, please don’t make me visit you in jail. Orange isn’t your color.”

This was going to be the longest season of her life. 
  Goodreads  Amazon

 
5/5

What happens when your celebrity crush and hero becomes your coach? Sal has to find that out first hand. She is a kickass professional soccer player who just wants to play and dreams of winning championships. She is absolutely shocked to find out the man, who inspired her ambitions on the pitch, is going to be a coach for her team. 

Only he's not quite what she was expecting. He's an ass.  

Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy slow burn romances? Mariana Zapata is seriously the master of them. Kulti is written in a way that makes the romance more realistic then insta-love. It's believable and so heart felt.  I absolutely loved the personality of Sal and the secretly sweet side of Kulti.

Callie Dalton is probably my favorite narrator I've listened to so far. She brought brought the characters to life and made the humour even more hilarious. She captures the energy of Sal and the attitude of Kulti. I can not wait to listen to another book she has narrated. 

Don't miss this if you love slow burn or sports romances. It is probably one of my favorite sports romances I have ever read, and it is one I plan to revisit again and again. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments