Series Sum Up #2 Fantasyland by Kristen Ashley

Sunday, October 01, 2017

This is the second post  on another series by Kristen Ashley. The Fantasyland series is something I'm rather sad  I missed out on for so long! The series is based around a theme like time travel only it is a hopping between parallel universes where evidently all the men are crazy beautiful.  It's a five book series, and though I have only read the first 4,that is all I plan to read. You see, it was complete after the fourth book. I am weird to the point that when a series feels complete I don't read the next book, because I don't want to take away from what I just read. Slammed by Colleen Hoover is an example of me stopping. The first book felt complete so I'll probably never read the sequel.

But I divest.

 Any whoo, back to my purpose here.


The first book, Wildest Dreams, is great. It introduces to the parallel universe via Finnie and Frey, and it really does give us a great intro. The love story of these two is full of sword fighting and romance with magic, elves, and a little bit of dragons thrown in. I really loved both Finnie and Frey. Finnie is a heart of your sleeve, outgoing, adventure seeking type. Frey was a mystery we got to figure out with Finnie throughout the book.



The Golden Dynasty is the next in the series. It was my favorite like most people.  It's different than the others in the series as Circe, our main character, wakes up in a situation with a barbaric war tribe.  I wasn't real sure about it at first as it has a lot of violence toward women at the beginning, but after that...well... Holy friggin' smokes.  You basically learn a made up language as Circe tries to learn to communicate with the tribe she is now Queen of and her king, Dax Lahn. The romance is off the charts and the action is just as good. It's truly an enthralling installment.

The third installment is Fantastical. I really liked Cora and Noctorno as well. I do think I would have liked to have a bit more out of it, but it is far from bad. Throughout this one we start learning that girls coming to the parallel world is no coincidence,  we start seeing more connections between the couples, and we are introduced to the main villian. Noctorno and Cora's wit is my favorite aspect of this book. I am such a sucker for witty characters, and I tend to fall for them every blasting time. Oh, and I imagined Noctorno with a Bradley Cooper smile. Perfection.

The fourth, Broken Dove, comes in as a close second in my favoritism factor. Apollo and Ilsa's story is one of huge growth between the two characters. It is a bit darker then the first three to me as both characters come to the table with some serious scars of the heart. We see all the couples together in this one, and we learn more of their connection and they have to save the world from evil witches and their minions from taking over. It really is a great ending and all four storylines are wrapped up and ended. It didn't leave me me feeling wanting or incomplete.

Like I said there is a fifth book, Midnight Soul, that I haven't read and have no intention of doing so at this time. The fourth completes the story line, and this one is like an afterthought. It is about two characters we met throughout the series, but the point of it all has been resolved. I just can't bring myself to possibly taking away from a series that is now dear to me.

Fantasyland has easily become one of my favorite fantasy romance series. It's not one I will forget and it is one I will continue to recommend. I have yet to read something less then good from Kristen Ashley. If you haven't read or heard of this, you really, and I mean really, should check this one out.

 Find the Series

Wildest Dreams
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12390650-wildest-dreamshttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HH1HVM/ref=series_dp_rw_ca_1


The Golden Dynasty

Fantasical

Broken Dove

Midnight Soul


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hi Ashley! This series sounds super good... so funny how the series was tied up so well in book 4!? Why continue the series? I like that you just stop when the story feels complete! I looked for you top 10 post but it’s not listed in your archive. Still you have a cute little blog here! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvel Strike Force Hack - GET Free Gold and Power Cores for you device Android or iOS !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Really appreciate you sharing this post.Thanks Again. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete