Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata

Friday, September 29, 2017

 Ruby Santos knew exactly what she was getting herself into when she signed up to write a soldier overseas.

The guidelines were simple: one letter or email a week for the length of his or her deployment. Care packages were optional.

Been there, done that. She thought she knew what to expect.

What she didn’t count on was falling in love with the guy.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35404657-dear-aaronhttps://www.amazon.com/Dear-Aaron-Mariana-Zapata-ebook/dp/B071X1NSV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506638179&sr=8-1&keywords=Dear+Aaron

 4/5

This is such a great summer read. It is easy to read, light, and leaves your heart happy. I found the book, in it's entirety, to be cute, and I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute it of. 

 Well, that's not completely true. 

You see, the first half is literally just emails sent between Ruby, our main character, and Aaron the soldier she is given from one of those soldier sponsorship programs. It is a bit tedious at first reading that format, but stick with it because it develops into a heartfelt romance between the two. 

Ruby seems to be the naive type heroine. She is a people pleaser , and lets those around her walk all over her in order to keep them happy. She hails from a family that has a bit of eccentric to them, and she is the most reserved of them. They protect her from everything, as she was very, very ill at one point in her life, and she doesn't seem to have much of a life outside of work and home. 
I did like her, and I love how much her character actually did change from the quiet, timid girl to a more courageous version. 

Aaron ended up being a charming hero. He has backbone, and more outgoing then the scared Ruby. I loved how thoughtful he was, and the fact he was so observant to how she might be feeling. He comes with an air of mystery that we learn more about as the story develops. 

Overall, this is just a great light read. It didn't take me more then a day to finish, and I am so glad I decided to check it out. It left my heart smiling and my romantic self satisfied. If you like romances with lots of grit or some darkness, then this is not it. It would be a perfect read for a rainy or relaxing day. It is not a overly deep story line, but it has just enough to make and keep it interesting. I have been trying to think of what word I would describe this story as, and I would call it sweet.

You Might Also Like

2 comments