The Right Kind of Rogue (The Playful Brides #8) by Valerie Bowman

Monday, October 16, 2017

 Can two star-crossed lovers come together―until death do they part? 



Viscount Hart Highgate has decided to put his rakish ways behind him and finally get married. He may adore a good brandy or a high-speed carriage race, but he takes his duties as heir to the earldom seriously. Now all he has to do is find the right kind of woman to be his bride―ideally, one who’s also well-connected and well-funded. . .

Meg Timmons has loved Hart, the brother of her best friend, ever since she was an awkward, blushing schoolgirl. If only she had a large dowry―or anything to her name at all. Instead, she’s from a family that’s been locked in a bitter feud with Hart’s for years. And now she’s approaching her third London season, Meg’s chances with him are slim to none. Unless a surprise encounter on a deep, dark night could be enough to spark a rebellious romance. . .for all time..


on AmazonOn Goodreads

3.5/5
The Right Kind of Rogue by Valerie Bowman ended up being such an enchanting read. It was fast paced and kept me enthralled from the beginning to the end.  The overall feeling is very light heart from the banter to the women's scheming.


Meg Timmons wants one thing in life and that is Hart Highgate, but she has everything against her to get him. I really like Meg as o ur main lady. She has everything against her, but she remains strong and fights for what she wants. She is loving and kind even to those who don't deserve it. She is loyal, fierce, and intelligent.



Hart is my favorite type of leading gents. He is witty, a bit arrogant, and oh so charming. It takes him a while to get his head out of his a** where Meg is concern. Hart is also fiercely protective of those loves, and will do anything to see them safe and happy. Overall, he is what I would call "a great guy."


The only thing that bothered me and I felt was missing was more interaction and growth between Meg and Hart. I feel like all the feeling came and there really wasn't any pivotal talking, and realizing I love you.  There is some, don't get me wrong, I just like there to be more to make it feel little more real. I find that I have this complaint with  a lot of books actually, so it might just be a "me" thing. 

Overall, this was a great, easy, and light read that I was able to conquer in a very short amount of time. I was entertain and enjoyed, and I only have a very small and minor complaint. It is definitely worth checking out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments