Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1) by Tricia Levenseller

Thursday, October 26, 2017

There will be plenty of time for me to beat him soundly once I’ve gotten what I came for.


Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map—the key to a legendary treasure trove—seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.



More than a match for the ruthless pirate crew, Alosa has only one thing standing between her and the map: her captor, the unexpectedly clever and unfairly attractive first mate, Riden. But not to worry, for Alosa has a few tricks up her sleeve, and no lone pirate can stop the Daughter of the Pirate King. 



 On Goodreadson Amazon
5/5
I really don't have the words for how pleasant of a surprise Tricia Levenseller's Daughter of the Pirate King was for me. I've heard great things, but I didn't really think I was going to absolutely love it. Maybe it was the cover that made me under estimate it? I really don't know. I'm also not big on books about pirates, so there's that as well. However I ended up  loving every minute I spent reading this. I was not happy when I saw I had but a few pages left, and even unhappier still when I reached the end.

Alosa is a firery main character. She is so saucy, and I absolutely love it. I have a feeling she will grow even stronger in the next installments of the series, and I look forward to seeing it. Alosa has secrets which you discover throughout the book, but you'll have to read it to find them out. She is clever, brave, and can fight like no other.

Riden is my favorite type of hero. He can match Alosa in banter and wit. He has a good heart and is loyal to a fault. He definitely has a romantic side and I so hope we get to see much more of that as the story continues.

Almost all of the book is set on a ship Even though it is an unchanging scenery, I never once was bored. In fact, I was hooked right from the beginning. I might have devoured this in the course of one day. The plot has a steady place, and there are twists and turns throughout. Some you can see coming, some took me by a pleasant surprise.

If you are looking for a book full of fighting,  witty banter, and adventure then make sure you check this one out. I for one will be counting down the days until I get my hands on the sequel. It was a breath of fresh air in the reading slump I feel like I have been in lately.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments